Monday, January 30, 2017

A Year of No Yelling Day 30 Featuring Sleeping Myths and Relationships

Tabs is seventeen months old today.

I think "children sleeping through the night" is a myth. Does ANYONE have children that sleep through the night every night?  Sometimes we might go a few days 2/3 of our kids sleeping through the night. Maybe even a whole week. But even our seven year old has nightmares and turns on her light at 1am to read for a few hours.

Thanks to Drek taking Tabs at night, she no longer wakes up at 2 am thinking it's morning. She sleeps for several long hours, waking at 3, or sometimes even 4am. She cries to be fed, but Drek won't give her to me (and I won't take her) until 5am. Sometimes she cried continually, sometimes she dozes for twenty minutes before crying sessions.

One time she slept until 6am. How do we get that again?

But today went well despite the lack of a solid block of sleep. I'm focusing on relationships: everyday I try to do something to build a relationship with each member of my family. Today they were small things: A back rub, a short but sweet conversation, lots of kisses and snuggles. The more they feel I love them, the better they will listen to me and the more I will hesitate to yell. That's the theory anyway.

1 comment:

  1. The only reason Toby sleeps through the night is because he takes medication that helps him do so. Even then, he still wakes up at the buttcrack of dawn.

    ReplyDelete

FYI...
If, in your comment, you do not use code names as I do in my blog, I will edit your comment before I post it.