Saturday, May 31, 2008

I Volunteered to Work for the Octogon Free of Pay

Drek left on an adventure yesterday and will not be back until Sunday. I thought sleeping alone would be hard last night, but I was so tired from only getting 4 hours of sleep the night before I didn't notice. Still, an empty house is quite dreaded now. I avoided it by spending time with my parents and then watching the 2 hour season finale of LOST (again) over at Josh and Cherie's house. They have an enormous big screen and Perfect Chairs. Josh served vegetarian pizza and Cherie got me a blanket. They discussed the show during the show (there was even a few screams) and Josh even caught a vital piece of information I totally missed last time. Can LOST watching get any better? I submit that it cannot!

My refrigerator is now full of deliciousness. My wonderful mother donated green salsa, red salsa, an enormous bowl of fruit, a gallon of whole milk (no more evil 2%! Hah! well, at least until this runs out) and a dozen Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits to my refrigerator. All this is leftovers from the Senior All Night Party.

This makes me so happy. I have recently gone on a dreaded "low calorie" diet. I am mostly dying. Before this, everything I heard said how evil low fat and low calorie diets were, and how they screwed up your body, so I never even bothered to learn what a calorie was.
It is a huge learning process. I researched like crazy on the Internet, did crazy math equations, and am now counting calories. I'm even keeping a food journal, because I read that that is the essential part of any diet. I'm still learning that how to balance it all out and how to still eat what I want (a new idea was just introduced: you can still have crazy calorie foods from restaurants, you just only eat a few bites. But then, you just wasted precious calories and are still hungry, not to mention the wasted money, food, and poor starving children in Africa). The fact that my fridge is now stuffed with food I can eat is amazing. So happy.

Is it working? I have no idea. The batteries on my scale went out a few weeks ago and I have yet to get it replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FYI...
If, in your comment, you do not use code names as I do in my blog, I will edit your comment before I post it.