Monday, June 02, 2008

Intruder Alert

Saturday night I stayed up as late I could, not wanting to go to sleep alone. I finally went to sleep around 2am. I'm not sure what time it was, but a little while later I heard someone come in to the bedroom. What is that, a murder? Aw, I've got to get some sleep.
It took a few seconds to register that is was my wonderful husband, home a day early. Hooray!!
He had come in, taken a shower, and only when he came into the bedroom did I wake up enough to hear him.

Sunday, while I was cooking dinner, I talked to Kris a little bit. While I was doing this, Drek was cleaning out his canyoneering gear, which included putting some of his gear out on the front porch. Kris was just leaving Tulsa, making her exodus out of Arkansas and back home where I have missed her so much. She was telling me that her cats were none to happy about the move. She wanted me to listen to them, so she but the phone up to one so I could hear them. At the same time I heard her cat meow, I heard a dog bark and a cat hiss, all in very close proximity to me. I look over into my living room, and there is Acouchi, up on the shelves, hissing like crazy, at the dog that is in my living room. Yes. A dog in my living room. Drek left the door open, the dog saw my cat and invited herself in my house. I chase the dog out, flinging my fork I was cooking with around in the air, resulting in the carpets being splattered with refried beans. At this point, Kris comes back on the phone, and is highly confused.

Kris isn't even back in Utah yet and already we're having crazy adventures again. I take that as a good omen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FYI...
If, in your comment, you do not use code names as I do in my blog, I will edit your comment before I post it.