Monday, May 12, 2008

Maybe Next Year...

Happy Mother's Day!! This year it was more of a big deal than previous years. I have a mother-in-law now, family came into town and now friends my age are moms too.

Saturday Night Drek and I took his parents out to dinner to celebrate Mother's Day. It was a lot of fun, rarely do we get them to ourselves. Our waiter turned out to be a boy I had dated once. It was...awkward, but other than that it went great.

Sunday morning Drek and I went over to my mom's house for a breakfast. My Grandma and my Aunt were there. Afterward we went to my parent's ward (which is so so so so so much better than our married student ward). After church we had a dinner where my Grandparents from Texas came, and my Aunt and Uncle from up in Salt Lake. My older sister was also there. Dinner was yummy, dinner was fantastic, and the conversation was wonderful. By that time, I was exhausted and wanted to go home and sleep, but we had to go to dinner over at Drek's parent's house. We had a good time, but I was just so tired!!

I'm so grateful for the mothers in my life. My mom has been such a wonderful example to me and is everything a mother should be. My Mother-in-Law is an extraordinary mother and couldn't have raised my amazing husband any better. Both of them set the standard for what I the kind of mother I want to be...someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FYI...
If, in your comment, you do not use code names as I do in my blog, I will edit your comment before I post it.