Thursday, November 17, 2016

Sugar Detox Day 16

I'm really liking this no sugar deal. I discovered something amazing about my body; It  can take a stunning amount of punishment

For the last two years I've been really, really tired. Every day is a battle to be productive during the day, to stay positive, to be patient and kind, and even to think. I'm always in a fog, my memory is horrible, my fuse is short and I'm just always so tired!

I've blamed all of this on being pregnant, then having a newborn, and finally having a baby that insists on waking up randomly, whenever she wants, with no pattern and no clues if she is awake for good, or just wants some help going back to sleep. My nights are always awful. If I could just get a good night's sleep I could be patient, kind, productive and might even remember something!

Now that I've been off sugar for two weeks something amazing is happening. I'm more patient, kind, more energetic and the fog has lifted. My mind feels clear, sharp, and I can remember stuff! I feel on-the-ball and capable of thinking on my feet. Last night I was at book club and my memory retrieval was working shockingly well! I'm still tired, but maybe that's because I'm getting 4 hours of sleep per night,

The amazing thing about my body is that I can feed it  two or three times the reccomended maximum of sugar per day for weeks and months and years and be fine. I can go for two years without sleeping through the night and still be fine. But if I take one of those things away I'm suddenly better than fine, I can perpetually be sleep deprived and yet still have a clear mind and lots of energy

Of the poisons and trials my body is dealing with, there are some I can control and some I cannot. If I eliminate the ones I can control, my body will handle the rest. That's it's job, and it does it remarkably well. If I help[ it, it will help me.

1 comment:

  1. Woah, updates! Many updates!

    It's really cool you are doing a sugar detox. I tried to do one back when I was trying Atkins (I figured I could two-for-one). I failed miserably and nearly bit the head off my coworker after a week.

    The problem was, I think, that Atkins allows NO sugar (also that the diet didn't work at all), including natural sugar like fruits. I wonder if I could do the No Added Sugar detox? If honey and fruit was allowed, it doesn't sound as bad.

    You can do it! I know you can! You can make apple crumble using oats, butter (or veggie oil), honey, apples, cinnamon, and a touch of flour. It's awesome and sweet and delicious and I have been eating it for 4 days straight.

    Good luck! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete

FYI...
If, in your comment, you do not use code names as I do in my blog, I will edit your comment before I post it.