Monday, November 14, 2016

Sugar Detox Day 14

Two weeks! I've been off sugar for two weeks! I'm to the point where sugar isn't actually tempting me anymore. My body is starting no normalize, the sugar is out of my system, and I'm no longer craving sugar. Hooray!

But does my body need sugar? According to the According to the American Heart Association the answer is no: Our bodies don’t need sugars to function properly. Added sugars contribute additional calories and zero nutrients to food.

Eating sugar causes lots of problems that everyone knows; tooth decay,  insulin spikes, and upset stomachs, but going over the reccomended limit every single days wreaks havoc on your body: It scrambles your hormones, inflames your digestive tracts, interferes with absorbing nutrients, slows down metabolism, makes your energy levels spike and then dip, stresses your brain,  interferes with memory, and  lowers your immune system. And that's just the average person that hasn't developed any diseases from too much sugar.

To restate that as symptoms, eating too much sugar causes cavities, moodiness, stomach pain, acne, weight gain,  depression, malnourishment, fatigue, irritability, inability to remember, and sickness.  Those are all symptoms of the average person eating too much sugar.

I started doing this because I was tired all the time and want that to change. It's working. My baby is still keeping me up all night, so I'm still tired, but my mind is clearer and I have more control over my emotions. I know that if I am nice to my body, my body will be nice to me. I've been being to my body for a long time. I've started to treat it better and it's already treating me better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FYI...
If, in your comment, you do not use code names as I do in my blog, I will edit your comment before I post it.