Thursday, April 10, 2008

Day of Doom Version 22

This year, I will even go so far as to not call it the Day of Doom, I will call it My Birthday. It was awesome.

Monday after work Drek and I went up to his parent's house to have a birthday dinner. We were welcomed by his littlest brother announcing that the dinner they made was all vegetarian, just for me. There was a big banner wishing me happy birthday over the door. When we walked into the kitchen, the "vegetarian dinner" turned out to be breakfast for dinner: Hash browns, waffles with whip cream and strawberries, and egg kishe. It was so yummy! They had even made me a chocolate cake which was amazing. They sang to me, and I blew out the candles. They gave me a few presents (a nice smelling candle from mom, Rachie made me earrings, a box of chocolate candies). It was very birthday-ish.

That night was my very last night of being 21. Therefore, I decided to go on a crusade to make up for my last birthday. I called Russel, and asked him to take me to the liquor store. I picked him up. When he got in my car he asked if he had heard me right. I laughed and told him yes, I said the liquor store. I needed a bottle of Spiced Rum. "For Banana Foster!!??" He asked excitedly. Dead on. Crazy.
We went to the store, bought the rum (they asked to see my ID!!!) and to my surprise they even supply you with a brown paper sack to put it in. Giggle giggle. We went back to his apartment and I attempted to make Banana Foster (from the recipe provided by Google's how to...). Alas, it did not work. In order to get the flame, the alcohol has to be proof 100, ours was only proof 70. But it still tasted delicious!! And I could say that I went and bought alcohol when I was 21.

Tuesday I was woken up up by amazing husband singing "Happy Birthday" softly in my ear. He is the best husband ever. for the last week he kept asking me what I want for my birthday. Silly boy. Doesn't he know that he is all I could ever want? We went to the Bakery for a breakfast of eclairs and orange rolls, then we came back home and he made me a breakfast burrito, just how I like it.
I went into work and was wished happy birthday by my co-worker and my manager, a few minutes later my boss came in carrying a bouquet of balloons.
They were weighted down by a cheeseburger from Wendy's. "Now that you're 22, I'm sure you're mature enough to eat a cheeseburger." I declined, he said my real present was in his car. It turned out to be the most delicious chocolate pie! he had even put candles on it. He also have me a ring with a heart on it; Because I am "the heart of the store." :) It was so great!
My mom took me out to a wonderful lunch, my sister called, Kris called and even tried to get Toby to talk to me! Xirax called, which was fun. And Russel called later that night. That night we went out to dinner with Rissy and Ismail, and after having a very hard time finding the place, we had a wonderful (and hilarious) dinner. I tried to get Ismail to eat an octopus, but the waiter took it away too fast.
When we got home, Drek had decorated our bedroom in the most amazing way!

I have never seen such a wonderful decorating job! He has sprinkled the bed with my favorite kinds of chocolate, and he had bought me a picture frame that I had been wanting for a long time. He is amazing. Thank you, Drek. I love you.

Wednesday I made Napoleons. It took me all freaking day, and the crust didn't turn out right, but it was still yummy. We had a family party in the afternoon, ate Napoleons and ice cream and had a great time. My little niece is the most adorable little girl in the world. She was the entertainment for most of the party. Her birthday is next week. She will be one year old.

So now I am 22. I don't mind, actually. After I got used to it, I liked saying I was 20. I think 22 will be the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FYI...
If, in your comment, you do not use code names as I do in my blog, I will edit your comment before I post it.