Monday, April 07, 2008

I Burned My Hand...On My Muffins

Conference weekend: Always a great weekend!

Saturday was spent at work, but because no one comes into our store while the boys are at priesthood meeting, we shut the store at six. Drek was gone, of course, so I went over to my mom's house and hung out with her. A little while later, Rissy and I went to go see Nim's Island, which I highly enjoyed.

Sunday Drek and I listened to Conference from the comfort of our own home. I continued my tradition of cleaning while I listened, resulting in our little apartment being CRAZY CLEAN!! I bought a handheld steam cleaner a few days ago and used it like crazy on all walls, baseboards, coutertops, sinks, and all kitchen appliances, including the refrigerator. I even cleaned Acouchi's room. It was while I was using my steam cleaner that I burned my hand. Not on muffins, but by putting the back of my hand directly in the path of the super-heated steam. I think my subconscious is trying to kill me before Day of Doom Version 22, which is tomorrow.

For the afternoon session, Rissy and Ismail came over to play the LOST bord game and CLUE FX. We set up dinner plans for my Day of Doom. I am excited!
I see potential in the LOST bord game. I think if there were different Fate cards, and if the game was players vs. The Island instead of players vs players. I want to make it like that crazy fun game Matt had. I don't know what is was called, but I played it with Pratt and Brad like three times. I am thinking I will redo the LOST game, until it is crazy fun.

After they left Drek and I went over to my parent's house for more games. We played Killer Bunnies and Hand and Foot. My mom also discussed Day of Doom plans with me. She's taking me out to lunch (Cafe Rio!!!) and we're having a small party, where we will have a dessert recipe I have been dying to try ever since I saw it on Google's "how to of the day". I'm so excited! All in all, this birthday is already infinitely better than last year's. Worst. Birthday. Ever. Although I did get a killer game of Pirates' Dice which has come in useful time after time. Not everyone forgot my birthday last year (thanks Xirax!!).

Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FYI...
If, in your comment, you do not use code names as I do in my blog, I will edit your comment before I post it.