Tuesday, July 08, 2008

I Had Hoped It Was You

In May, The #1 Massage Chair company in he United States started a campaign: Test Drive a 7450 (a zero gravity massage chair, retail value $3,999) and enter a drawing to win one! One massage chair will be given away every week, from May till August. Also, the sales associate who showed the chair, will win the one (this means the more people I show the chair, the more I increase my chances of winning a chair) Only 150 stores will be participating, and the average entries each week have been 400-500. Not bad odds.
Of course, I get all of my family to enter, all of Drek's family to enter, and all my friends who I can convince to come into the store. Week after week: No luck. This was my last week. I showed the chair to a bunch of customers, faxed in the entries and hoped. I leave tomorrow and won't be back until the campaign is almost over, so this was it!!
I finish up work, say good-bye to everyone and Drek and I head off to run errands. A few minutes later my boss calls:
"K la?"
"Yeah?"
"Michael Hamm is on the phone, he has something to tell you." (Micheal Hamm is he president of the massage chair company) I grab Drek's arm.
"K la? This is Michael Hamm. I have a present for you!"

Of course I screamed!! I JUST WON THE MASSAGE CHAIR!!!!! THIS IS THE MOST AMAZING NEWS!!!!!

So amazing. The only thing more amazing would be if someone I knew won the chair with me. Alas, it went to some guy I can't even remember showing the chair to. I hope he liked it.
I for one, love that chair. I'm so excited!!! It will be waiting for me when we get back from Texas. Hooray!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FYI...
If, in your comment, you do not use code names as I do in my blog, I will edit your comment before I post it.