Friday, April 09, 2010

Living Proof That Dinosaurs Once Roamed the Earth

I'm twenty-four. Please allow me to curl up in a ball and sob about how old that is. Twenty-four. Twenty-four. At twenty-four you are expected to act like an adult. No more screwing around, seriously, it's time to grow up. Sigh.

I had a really good day; Drek took Ash when she woke up so I got to sleep in for an extra hour. When I finally did wake up and go out to the living room, I saw that Acouchi had thrown up all over the carpet. Hey, thanks, babe. A present from the bottom of your stomach. How sweet.

I went to an LLL meeting and had a wonderful time. When I came home I went through the front door, instead of the garage like I normally do. I looked on the kitchen table, and there, to my surprise, was this;
Delicious, homemade cinnamon rolls, frosted and everything! Yummy! My wonderful downstairs neighbors did it. If I had come in through the garage, I also would have notices that they decorated the wall;
and my door! They are so wonderful! I am so lucky to have such great neighbors! At the same time, a box was delivered to my house. It contained twenty-four beautiful roses from my parents. Awwwww.

My sister called to wish me happy birthday and I got to talk to her for quite a while.

When Drek got home he took me out to eat. We had a great time. When we got home, I noticed there was something else on our table; A present from Mei-mei's roommate! Wow! I have a magic table! Every time I leave and come back there is something new for me! Giggle giggle.

Anyway, the present was super-thoughtful. It was "The Lorax" by Dr. Suess, which is a book I have wanted for a long time. How did she know? There was also a parenting book that looks very interesting. I'm excited to read it. It was so sweet of her!

Finally, it was time for a party! Drek, Ash and I went over to Anna and Cutis's house, where Anna had a huge party all ready to go! Toshi and I share the same birthday, he is exactly one year older than I am, and another cousin's birthday was on the 4th, so we had a combined party for all three of us! I asked Rissy to send me a few of Toshi's favorite things from Japan and she sent a HUGE box full of Japanese treats. I was so excited to give it Toshi. He loved it!

Rissy also sent me something for my birthday; Tim Tams! I'd never heard of them, but they bust be huge because that's what Anna got Toshi! Along with the Tim Tams Rissy sent homemade instructions for how to eat them. She is such a good artist.
I tried them with hot chocolate and WOW! HOW ARE THESE NOT HUGE IN THE USA?? THEY ARE SO GOOD!!

The party was wonderful, with some great games, and THE MOST AMAZING CAKE;
Yeah, it was delicious.

We also got to open presents. Anna and Curtis got me a CD. I've been listening to it all morning. I LOVE it. They also said Drek and I should come over and they would fix us an Italian dinner and eat it while listening to the CD. I love that idea, Anna's cooking is delicious.

Drek got me Pandemic (hooray!) and Strictly Ballroom (Hooray, hooray!) and a Dove bar (yum!). He also got me the cutest card which says; "Es un pecado verse tan bien como te ves tu ano tras ano." Isn't he so wonderful! Not only was it so sweet, but it was in Spanish! I love my husband. My husband is the bestest husband in the whole world. I can't believe how thoughtful and wonderful his presents were. He is such a great guy. I am so lucky to be married to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FYI...
If, in your comment, you do not use code names as I do in my blog, I will edit your comment before I post it.