Friday, February 01, 2008

It's Great! Enjoy Japan, Hero of this Movie!

This morning I dragged myself out of bed extra early for a work meeting. I was in charge so I dropped by the bakery to pickup some fresh-out-of-the-oven orange rolls that I miss so much. mmmmmmmm. Who should be there? But Stefanie, my old boss. I asked how everything was going and discovered that Mark, also my old boss, is not doing well. He hasn't been into work since the beginning of December because he is hurting so bad. This is not good. Mark is an awesome guy, and really quite young. I am very worried.

The work meeting was a lot of fun. The best announcement was that three items in the store now have spiffs on them. Huzzah!! Also, today marks the six months I have been working here. I love my job!!

As much as I love my job however, I did take a two and a half hour lunch break to eun some "errands". This was actually my opportunity to watch Cloverfield with Drek, Rissy and Xirax. It was actually a great movie. I loved it. The only not-good part was at the very end, when I though the movie was over (but it actually continued on for ten more minutes). It was supposed to be a very sad scene, and the whole theater was dead silent. It stuck me as a hilarious way to end the movie, so I started laughing, which I felt bad about because of the people in front of us, so I put my hand over my mouth and tried to giggle quietly.

After work it was off to the Quark game night!! An entire room filled with nerds and geeks playing board games of every kind!! We brought Pirates Dice (thanks again Xirax!!) and taught a group how to play. Once taught, I abandoned the group to join a game of Ticket To Ride Europe. It was most exciting. I tied for first place with another player.
The best art of activities like that is not the activity, but rather, knowing that no matter what you do, you can be yourself, because everyone in the room will except you for who you are. I forgot how much I liked Quark for that reason.
At the end, Xirax was happily taking pictures. As I came up to him he pointed the camera at me and said "I'm documenting this. What do you think of this party?" Giggle giggle.

As I mentioned in the previous post, Acouchi likes Spaghetti noodles. I now have the film to prove this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FYI...
If, in your comment, you do not use code names as I do in my blog, I will edit your comment before I post it.