Thursday, May 21, 2009

...Into a Magical Beanstock!

Yesterday I went to the cannery. I canned myself six cans (one case) of dried black beans and six cans (one case) of dried pinto beans. I canned the cannery two cans of pinto beans and four cans of black beans. It was super-easy. It took about an hour. Had I known what I was doing, I'm sure I could have done it in thirty minutes. It was my first experience canning beans. It was basically my first experience canning anything. It was the first time I had been to that cannery, and they were really nice to the the ignorant pregnant women who came by herself, with no stake and no idea what she was doing.

Why am I canning died beans? To eat of course!! I am going to figure out how to turn my black beans and pinto beans into amazing things like baked beans, refried beans, magic beans...

Oh, I am so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FYI...
If, in your comment, you do not use code names as I do in my blog, I will edit your comment before I post it.