Monday, July 12, 2010

Have You Gotten Anything New? Not Since Yesterday.

So, here in Burgville, we have one public Library. It is a small, pathetic little place that hardly deserves the title of Library, but it's all I've got. Boy am I looking forward to a system of Libraries when I get to SunLand.

But, if not for this Library, I would have missed out on my new favorite thing: Books on CD. I'd never tried them before. Why listen to a CD when you can read the actual book? But now that I've tried it, I love it, so thank you, Burgville, for introducing me to something new I intend to enjoy a lot more in the future.

Here's the story; I really wanted to read this book called Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen, by Christopher McDougall. It was on my to-read list, along with twenty other books. I looked through my Library's catalog to see which books from my list I could check out. Sadly, a pathetic four books from my list were owned by the Library. I know; sad. The Library didn't have the book of Born to Run, but it did have a book on CD version, so I decided to give it a chance.

And I'm hooked. I listen to it whenever I drive. It's like having Drek read to me every time I drive! I love it! I can also read a book during the same time period and not get confused at all. It doesn't take away from my reading time; it adds to it!

The book itself turned out to be amazing. I was actually breathless during different parts. In one section of the book it talks about barefoot running and how it's so much better for you than running with running shoes on. After listening to the book I have made my decision;

Barefoot marathon, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FYI...
If, in your comment, you do not use code names as I do in my blog, I will edit your comment before I post it.