Friday, May 21, 2010

No Song Unsung No Wine Untasted

Drek and I went on a date night! We went to the University's production of Broadway Review, where a bunch of the students sing show tunes.

We enjoyed this semesters production more than last semester's. Last time all the songs were...obscure. Drek and I hadn't heard of most the musicals, much less the songs. There were a few good performances but mostly the singing was so-so.

This time around, the singing was amazing. Only the first girl was less than phenomenal. And the songs? They were from Wicked, Jekyll and Hyde, East of Eden... all the good stuff. It was great.

The best part was when this guy came on stage to sing Empty Chairs at Empty Tables and I thought to myself; "Wow. I can really picture that guy as Marius. Wait a second...."

After the show I found the guy and asked if he'd ever been in a high school production of Les Mis back in my hometown. He said yes. I asked him if he performed at this theatre and played Marius. He said yes. Wow. Drek and I watched that show when we first starting dating. Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FYI...
If, in your comment, you do not use code names as I do in my blog, I will edit your comment before I post it.