Monday, May 10, 2010

I Had a White Rat. That's No Mother!

My first Mother's day with a human baby. It was...like any other day, except I got chocolate at church. I am not complaining. Any day I get chocolate from anywhere is a really good day.

I am a little confused; is Mother's Day supposed to be where you work harder to be a mother, or where you take the day off from being a mother? Is it a day to showcase yourself as a mother; get up early to fix a healthy breakfast, dress your children up in their best cloths, do their hair with ribbons and bows, shine their shoes etc, or is it a day off; a day where you get to sit back and let your husband or your children do everything, or better yet, find a babysitter for the weekend? Is it a day where even the worst mothers hug their children, snap a few pictures, and tell them a story, or a day when even the best moms get to sit back and demand a foot rub?

At three o'clock Mother's Day morning Ash decided it was time to celebrate. She woke up and would not go back to sleep. I cuddled with her, I sang a few song, I fed her, but she was awake and determined to stay awake. At four I let Drek take over and went into the other room to sleep. Her being up all night meant her sleep schedule was off, she fell asleep thirty minutes before we were supposed to leave. When we were ready to go I didn't want to wake her up. She was a little naked baby except for her diaper, so I just picked her up in her bundle of blankets and took her to church after stuffing a dress into her diaper bag. Of course she woke up as soon as we walked in to the building.

So there I was; dressing my baby in the chapel at church. My mother skills will blind you with awesomeness.


No comments:

Post a Comment

FYI...
If, in your comment, you do not use code names as I do in my blog, I will edit your comment before I post it.