Saturday, January 31, 2009

And the Oscars Are Only A Few Weeks Away...

A man from cooperate came to the store yesterday to film us doing product presentations. He is going around to almost every single store and filming how different salespeople sell different products. He edits the tapes and them posts them on a website where all the franchises can watch them. The idea is that we can learn from each other and improve as a whole. 70% of the presentation we might know, but that extra 20% of the information can be invaluable.

At our weekly meeting we picked which products w4e would show and then practiced them with everyone critiquing and offering their opinions. Yesterday I went I got all gussied up and went into work and hour early so we could film when no clients were in the store.

I was up first, I presented a Therasage table with my boss as the client. It was nerve-wracking at first, but it was a lot of fun. The guy from cooperate is apparently a professional director; he's taught at Art colleges in San Fransisco and things like that. He was really good at telling me exactly what I needed to do without telling me exactly what I needed to do. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but he was great. He filmed the presentation and then he had me do certain things over again so he could get close-ups.

Next up was me doing a presentation of a Sanyo massage chair, which went really well, and then he wanted me to do a Theracane. I panicked because although I love Theracanes, I had not practiced that presentation. Josh decided he would be the client this time, which don't work out too well because we kept joking and laughing and not really giving a lot to the film. The guy from cooperate finally coaxed out of me what he needed and I was done.

I'm excited to see the videos, I want to know how they turn out. I've already watched some of the videos the other stores did and I have already learned so much! This project was a great idea and it's already been a lot of fun. I felt like a real movie star. For a few seconds anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FYI...
If, in your comment, you do not use code names as I do in my blog, I will edit your comment before I post it.