Sunday, November 04, 2007

My First Charity Dinner

Growing up in the church, in regards to prom dresses (or any dress for that matter) you are told to pose the question: Would you wear that dress if you knew President Hinckley would see you in it?
Now, all my dresses have been modest, so I guess I mostly got the point of that question. However, it becomes a whole new ballgame when you are shopping for a dress that President Hinckley WILL see you in. The question is not just: is it is modest? but: is it suggestive? It is form fitting? Is it slinky? Can you see my ankles? Can you see my elbows?
I have less than thirty minutes to find a dress that is not too formal, not too casual, not too eye-catching, but very pretty. I need a dress that is long enough, high enough, and has sleeves. I need a dress that does not show curves, but I still look good in. I need a dress that is modest, but not a Granny dress. Nothing ostentatious, but I need to look like I have money. In short: I need a miracle.
Luckily, I found such a dress. I will admit, at first I was terrified of the black lace, but it was either that, or a neckline that did not go up to my neck. Not only was this dress all of the above, but it was also little black dress (which every girl needs) and a size 4. I win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FYI...
If, in your comment, you do not use code names as I do in my blog, I will edit your comment before I post it.