Wednesday, August 11, 2010

If You Don't Like Something, Change It. If You Can't Change It, Change Your Attitude

I tried doing laundry in my bathtub. As predicted, the washing went well but the drying did not go so well. Everything I drip-dried had a sour smell, like old rags. Blec. After two weeks of only doing laundry in the tub I decided to try a new approach.

And that new approach is: Laundry party!

In our apartment complex, the laundry room is right next to the pool area. The pool area has a pool, a hot-tub, tables, chairs, counters, and two gas barbecues. Once a week we will have a laundry party, which means that once Drek gets home from work we will all go do laundry and while we are waiting for it to finish we will go to the pool area and cook dinner on the gas barbecues, eat dinner on the tables, and then swim and lounge. Not only will this get the laundry done effectively, but it will give us a chance to use the pool, get out of the house to enjoy this awesome weather, and to have one meal a week that is completely barbecued! Sounds good to me!

Of course, we still have to pay for laundry, which really irks me, but it's better than any alternative I can concoct. Besides, doing laundry in a laundry room has three advantages;
One, you can do all your laundry at once: You plop your basket down and sort the clothes right into the machines; this machine is for whites, this machine is for towels...and all the washing is done in thirty minutes. It's great.
Two, I'm not paying for the water.
Three, you get to meet a lot of other people, who so far have all been really nice.

We had our very first laundry party yesterday. it went great. We had grilled pineapple, grilled corn-on-the-cob, and little mini pizzas that were made out of sourdough English muffins, and do-it-yourself toppings, grilled on the top rack of the barbecue. It was delicious! Especially the pineapple, I could have grilled pineapple everyday.

I think next week we will have grilled pineapple and kabobs. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FYI...
If, in your comment, you do not use code names as I do in my blog, I will edit your comment before I post it.