Saturday, February 13, 2010

Run

Hey, remember my goal to run a marathon this year? What have I done to train? NOTHING. Yeesh, this whole moving thing really threw off my schedule.

Thankfully, my wonderful sister called me with a delightful proposal; "Want to run a half marathon with me in June?" Yes. VERY yes.

So we are training together, even though we are in different states, and on race day we will be in the same state and run side by side. I am so excited. This is just what I needed to get my lazy self into action.

There are a few downsides, like the race starts at 5:30 in the very early morning and we have to be there by 4:30 and there are few things I hate more than getting up before the sun. Like, for instance, the cold, which I will be training the whole time, since this land is a frozen tundra in witch spring doesn't show up until late June.

But! It will be good for me. Character building and all that. And I am so excited to run the actual half-marathon. And once it's over it will be summer and I can run in the sun and then we will move to a place where the sun always shines and I can train all year in the warmth of never-ending summers. Rock on.

Today is day one. Today I ran two miles in thirty-two minutes (I haven't run since January '09). Sigh. But I will get better! I also discovered something; This city has no sidewalks. No sidewalks and no recycling. But it does have snow! Lots and lots of snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FYI...
If, in your comment, you do not use code names as I do in my blog, I will edit your comment before I post it.