Wednesday, June 17, 2009

So We Grew Together Like to a Double Cherry Seeming Parted

Krisling so very generously gave me a back of the most wonderful cherries. These cherries were amazing. I have not had cherries like these since I picked them off a tree. Alas, there was a whole bag, and I could only snack on so many. What does one do with fresh cherries? Well, one makes up a cherry crisp recipe, adds ice cream, cuddles on a bean bag chair, watching the rain storm while your husband reads to you. That is what one does with fresh cherries.

Made-Up-On-The-Spot Fresh Cherry Crisp
  • 2 cups pitted delicious and fresh cherries
  • 2 tablespoons white sugar
  • 2 tablespoons flour
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon

  • 3/4 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup instant oats
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 tsps nutmeg
  1. In a large bowl, combine cherries, white sugar, cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons flour. Pour into 9x9 inch baking dish. In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over cherries.
  2. Bake in preheated oven at 375 defrees for 15 to 20 minutes, or until topping is golden brown.



No comments:

Post a Comment

FYI...
If, in your comment, you do not use code names as I do in my blog, I will edit your comment before I post it.