Monday, January 28, 2008

Many Things

I've been playing Werewolf online with Quark. It has been a lot of fun. I think I've lost my touch, i have no idea who the bad guys are, but that's ok, the game is fun anyway...or, was fun. I was lynched this morning. :(

Saturday night Drek and I went up to his parent's house to play games. We ended up playing Werewolf. We turned off all the light and just had candles lit on the table. It was a lot of fun.

Yesterday was a busy day. Church, Visiting Teaching, Visit Taught, Do Visiting Teaching Supervisor stuff...
I got a text as soon as I woke up: Ok This is lame but I am not allowed to call you. I am going in to labor and the baby will be here by tomorrow.

SQUEEEE!!! My Nephew!! After church, I had not heard anything, so I called and talked to NateBot. He gave me a quick update. This morning Krisface called and said he was born last night, via C-Section, and he was at a different hospital in the NICU. She is ok, and supposedly he is ok. I waiting for more updates.

Also yesterday, Drek and I watched a movie. When it was over we got online to check Werewolf, and all over QUARK, CNN, and KSL, was the news that President Hinckley had passed away. My phone was on silent during the movie, but when I checked it I had 4 text messages from different people informing me of the news, and 3 missed calls by different people informing me of the news. It has only been announced an hour before.
Drek, on the other hand, had no texts and no calls. Ah, the differences between his family and mine. He calls his family "practical" ("If each kid got a call like that it would take the whole night!") I call my family loving. :) Drek and I knelt down in our front room and said a prayer, just because it felt like the thing to do. It wasn't sad or any ting like that. I am sure he is very happy, and the church will be fine, but it felt like we needed to do something for the occasion. I guess that's the whole point of the gospel. When the Pope dies, it's a tragic event and a huge ordeal. Millions mourn, panic ensues and then the entire process of finding a new pope starts. In our church, the prophet dies and everyone is happy for him, God takes care of his church and in a few days a new prophet is announced, but until then the members know they are still taken care of, still being led.

Krisface, I think if your baby has an old man face, you should name him Gordon. Or maybe Tobordan.

3 days, 5 hours, 31 minutes to LOST!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FYI...
If, in your comment, you do not use code names as I do in my blog, I will edit your comment before I post it.