Friday, December 07, 2012

Adventure. Heh. Excitement. Heh. A Jedi Craves Not These Things

Drek's birthday was on Sunday. This year, for some reason (Pregnancy? The fact that Drek was gone on a business trip the whole week?) I just couldn't get my act together. I mean, I got him some pretty awesome gifts, if I do say so myself, and I even painted the wrapping paper myself, but party-wise, it was a fail.

Friday night I realized my error. I emailed out the plan: Go carts! Miniature golf! Bumper Boats!

Saturday morning we were off! Were were not wearing close-toed shoes, so we couldn't do go-carts (I live in Sunland. I don't even OWN close-toed shoes) but we could do pirate mini-golf!


Drek got a hole-in-one! Well, sorta. His ball was ridiculously attached to him. At several holes he would hit it, and it would roll back to him. Over and over again. At one hole, he hit it, it came back to the start, then he hit it again from the start, and it went in! Amazing! Still, it was no match for C, who apparently played copious amounts of mini-golf as a youth and is now a mini-golf expert. 

Also, a lizard: 

After mini-golf Drek and I dueled with bumper boats.

Not exactly a duel to the death, but still. We're very competitive. 

My parents got Drek The Empire Strikes Back for his birthday, so we stayed up late watching that. It was a wonderful end to a wonderful day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

FYI...
If, in your comment, you do not use code names as I do in my blog, I will edit your comment before I post it.