Friday, September 14, 2012

Look At Me Still Talking When There's Science To Do

After three attempts I finally got it right! 

Once again it is my dad's birthday and once again I attempted to make his favorite cake, a Tunnel of Fudge cake. 

This year we were a little pressed for time (I didn't remember the cake needed so long to cool!) but other than that there were no problems. 

This year I made sure to include the flour (the problem the first year) and double checked all ingredients and amounts. I oiled and floured the pan TO DEATH, since the problem last year was that the cake wouldn't come out of the pan. 

The cake was then cooked, cooled and then came the moment of truth. I held my breath and turned the pan over; Out fell a perfect, PERFECT Tunnel of Fudge cake:

 We lit the candles:


and cut into it: 


A perfect tunnel of fudge. It was so tasty! 

So, not that I've made a perfect Tunnel of Fudge cake, my next goal is to make a healthier perfect Tunnel of Fudge cake (there is a reason I only attempt to make this cake once a year).  I'll let you know how it goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FYI...
If, in your comment, you do not use code names as I do in my blog, I will edit your comment before I post it.