Tuesday, May 22, 2012

It's not Broken. The Sun is Behind the Moon. It's a Solar Eclipse. It's Literally the Darkest Day in Fire Nation History

Recently the Internets told us we could see a solar eclipse if we were looking at the right time and...you know...didn't actually look. Drek constructed some very fancy technology so we could watch without damaging our eyes: 



Very cool:

It wasn't a full eclipse, which might explain why we weren't attacked by vampires, or a Kraken, or invaders of any sort. But it was still exciting in it's own way.

2 comments:

  1. You had to be in S. Utah to see the whole thing. H's parents went.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got to see a fair chunk of it until clouds ruined the fun. One of our neighbors apparently owns a pretty powerful telescope which they aimed at the sun and then put a paper near the looking lens. It gave a similar reflection to using two pieces of paper, but the image of the sun was about the size of a CD (a little smaller).

    The coolest part in my mind was I actually could see a sunspot.

    Also the eclipse. I'd never seen one before.

    ReplyDelete

FYI...
If, in your comment, you do not use code names as I do in my blog, I will edit your comment before I post it.