Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I Bake Pies and Wake the Dead. I Live a Very Sheltered Life

Ah, pi day. I decided to keep it low-key this year; no parties, or pie eating contests. Next year we'll do that.

This year I made Shepard's pie for our main dish, sweet potato puff pie for our side dish, and cherry cream pie for dessert. I also invited a few friends over for dessert and they brought pies to share! So for dessert we also had a homemade apple pie and a a homemade coconut cream pie. Yum!


This is the third time I've made the sweet potato puff pie. I LOVE it. It is seriously delicious. But then again, I love sweet potatoes, so yeah.
Sweet Potato Puff Pie

3 cups mashed, cooked sweet potatoes (from a scant two pounds)
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons butter (if the potatoes aren't hot, melted in the microwave in 10-second increments)
4 eggs
1 tsp rum extract (if you're feeling daring)
1 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350F.

Mix all the ingredients in a medium bowl with an electric mixer. Transfer into a buttered pie dish. Bake for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean

No comments:

Post a Comment

FYI...
If, in your comment, you do not use code names as I do in my blog, I will edit your comment before I post it.