Tuesday, August 29, 2006

This morning I got quite the haunting e-mail. It's like a ghost from the past when I thought I had left the haunted house. I'm really not sure what to do, or what to think, or how to feel. I suppose I have this blog so I can rant. So this is me, ranting.

This is one thing he wrote:
"I do wonder about you from time to time. It's an odd thing---I sometimes attempt to recall the way your voice sounded, or the exact way your face looked---and I can't."

You know what? I do remember. I remember the inflections he used, the tone of his voice, and the words he would say when we were with his friends, and I remember how different all that was when we were alone. I remember the way he did his hair, the way he walked, his facial expressions . . . I remember how angry he would get. I remember how useless I used to feel. I remember struggling with all my might just to keep from drowning.

The thing is, I'm a different person now. I've changed a lot. I've worked hard to try and be somebody. I've worked hard to show myself that I'm worth something. That I have value. It doesn't matter anymore what he thinks about me, or what anybody thinks about me for that matter.

I'm happy now.

1 comment:

FYI...
If, in your comment, you do not use code names as I do in my blog, I will edit your comment before I post it.