Monday, March 26, 2007

As I Remember It

Around 5:30 Drek comes to my door. He has with him three red roses. "The best part of my day is seeing you."
Our first stop it a Frisbee golf course. We had a lot of fun, it was a beautiful afternoon and I did much better than our previous game. When that was finished he hands me three more roses. "The funnest part of my day is playing games with you."
Next we go out to dinner, which was wonderful. Afterward I got three more roses.
He told me he had looked up another geocache. He had already programed the coordinates into his GPS. when we drove up the canyon he handed it to me. The title was my name, the description was "I love you."
He also said this geocache was an Easter geocache.
We hiked up the mountainside until we came to a bunch of rocks. Instead of looking for the geocache we went for a short walk where he asked me what three things I wanted most in life.
Around 8:00 went back to the rocks. I searched one side he searched the other but it was getting very dark. He finally came over to my side and found it right away. It was in a peanut butter jar (a perfect Claire and Charlie peanut butter jar). Inside was the Easter grass and lots of plastic eggs. The things with geochaches is there are a lot of items inside and you pick the one you want.
Inside the eggs were little pieces of paper with things written on them like "become a professional puppy-killer" and "move to Alaska". things I would never want to do. "You have to pick one." he says. "or, I may have another option. It will take a long long time. It will take a lot of effort. But we are perfect for it." And he hands me an egg with a ring inside.
Oh yes, and I got three more roses.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Kayla! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:25 PM

    Congratulations! Who's the lucky guy?!

    Oh, wait...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.
    Wow.
    Congratulations.
    Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my obligatory congrats comment, since you told me to comment.

    No, just kidding. I really am happy for you. And Nate is too. We are also wondering who the lucky guy is ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gratz Kay~la! Soon as you decide on a wedding date, let us know when, where, and if friends are invited. :D

    ReplyDelete

FYI...
If, in your comment, you do not use code names as I do in my blog, I will edit your comment before I post it.