Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Bug! A Bug! What is is Lavender? A BUG!

I love Sunland. On a day when the rest of the United States is under snow, we decided to go to the tidepools in our awesome eighty degree weather.

It was a perfect day to go. The tide was lower was lower than usual and we found some pretty neat stuff. The first thing we found was a family of HUGE starfish:
The smallest on was bigger than my hand. They were big!

Drek found a big beautiful conch shell, which was home to a giant sea slug. We decided to let it live in peace.

And then we found this:
It's an octopus! We found an octopus! It was so cool! We snapped a few pictures and then it slipped of the Frisbee (great octopus catchers) and went home.

3 comments:

  1. You should have eaten it. I love squid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed sea and water so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 0_o

    That is an octopus. In your frisbee. Caught on a beach in 80 degree weather in winter.

    I AM COMING TO SUNLAND

    ReplyDelete

FYI...
If, in your comment, you do not use code names as I do in my blog, I will edit your comment before I post it.