Sunday, July 29, 2007

The most quoted non member in General Conference

Drek and I attended church for the first time as a married couple. We attend our new ward, a married student ward, which meets dreadfully early for a Sunday. The most amusing quip was given today from the pulpit:

"I wanted to share something out of a book I've just read, it's a small book, I don't know if any of you have heard of it. It's called the Screwtape Letters by a man called C.S. Lewis."

Wow. Either this man was sorely mistaken about the audience he was addressing, or we have stumbled into the most illiterate, ignorant, intelligent group of Mormons known to exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FYI...
If, in your comment, you do not use code names as I do in my blog, I will edit your comment before I post it.