Friday, April 03, 2015

Let me tell you something about the human race. You put a mysterious blue box slap-bang in the middle of town, what do they do? Walk past it. Now stop your nagging. Let's go and explore.

On Wednesday our family went on a little adventure to explore some caves at a State Park. Our company included our family, including a five year old, almost two year old and a pregnant me, and another family, including a fiver year old, eight year old, and a ten year old.  It may seem like an April's fools joke that this is the group we took to go exploring caves, but, I assure you, we actually did, and it was awesome. 

We went on a hike through a slot canyon. besides having some stunning scenery, the temperature in the shade was perfect, and around every corner was a crevice to explore (it might be a cave!). We actually did find a few caves. They were small, buts till fun to explore! 



After making sure we hadn't lost anyone, we headed into the big cave. This cave was deep and dark, but not difficult. There were only a few times were you had to duck or turn your body to fit through a tight squeeze. Everyone made it to the end and climbed out, only to turn around and realize we had to climb back in: 


And this is where it got a bit more tricky. Now the kids were tired, and the way back in was steep. I tied my almost two year old to my front  in a Mei Tai, and the other adults carefully guided us back down into the cave. Once inside we made the trek back to the front of our cave and to our car. I am proud to say I carried two children the whole way! 

We should go caving more often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FYI...
If, in your comment, you do not use code names as I do in my blog, I will edit your comment before I post it.